Gather, Analyze, and Interpret Environmental Data About the Ocean’s Effects on Climate
[23-Feb-10] Design your own experiment based on the activities conducted for the following outcomes
. After completing this activity, students should be able to gather, analyze, and interpret environmental data about the ocean's effects on climate. Grade level: 5-8.
- Explain the energy conversions found in the water cycle.
- Explain the effect of solar energy on the water cycle.
- Explain the effect of temperature on density.
- Explain the effect of density on ocean circulation.
- Explain the effect of solar energy heat on ocean circulation.
- Explain the effect of solar energy on wind and cloud formation and the effect solar energy, wind and clouds have on climate.
- Explain that the ocean holds a large amount of heat and the effect this has on climate.